Saturday, February 07, 2009

Constant Struggle

Down. This was the direction. He was losing family, he was losing love, he was losing friends, he was losing every inch of what he knew about him. He was losing faith. He was losing power. He was losing will. Every inch of him knew. He was going down. He was fateful. He was darkened. Every inch of him. He didn't know how. He didn't know when. He just wanted to be sure. He just wanted once to be sure that this struggle would end. He actually just wanted to have a faint hope that it would end.
And he knew he would survive. And he wasn't sure he was happy about it. It wasn't ok. He didn't know. He just didn't know.
Oh war. Have mercy on my soul.
Take down this constant struggle and let me go
I'll be kneeling on thorns for you.
Release me, set me free.
Oh, please.

No comments: