Sunday, December 27, 2015

Song for the Gone

Take a ride on this ship
And enjoy the ride so sweet
Take the captain by the hand
Gaining slowness by her face
And soon I'd learn to dance with water 
The boat steers on forever higher

Win another kiss would be swell
I can't forget your face, your smell
Your candid perfume stuck in me long
Your candid perfume's all I long
As fireworks fog the night sky
I can't know if it's starry or on fire

Your lashing eyebrows
Your dark, dark eyes
Your dizzying smile
How can it embrace so tight?
It takes me away and tortures me
And that's something I can no longer see

I wish I could feel you near once more
In light of things I'd have never done
And take the captain's hand again
It would be sweet; it won't be sane
The captain's too much like me to make sense
She steers and sails gently, but with no tame

Hazards lurking through the cracks of your eyes
Shivers crushing through the brilliance of the times
I spent with you so little yet I long for so much more
Hit me hard but hit me, I will walk outside these doors
Midnight tears will bring a spark of fortune
River currents flowing through me might bring nurture

Not the same between us, but amongst us all
An idea we'll remember once we avoid to stand too tall
That death shall take us once and we never will be brought
Back into this reality so that's why it can't be naught
I'd love to see you once more standing tall and elegant
Booming waves of inspiration within my lonely semblant

And hearken for the leaves of trees in style
The branches and the wood against the tile
Your laughter singing out to the joy of the world
Your inspiration cutting through like a sword
And the leaves, they'll stand and hearken
For all the bloom you brought into this garden 

Then I'll sing a song to you
Hope you'll be amused
It starts fast and still gets higher
It should blow out your inside fire
And all the fireworks will breath in silence
Just like your eyes, a starry presence

No comments: